Wood Based Lignite Activated Carbon in California, USA
Lignite and Wood Activated Carbon
Lignite and Wood activated carbon types are two unique products used in various applications. Wood based activated carbon is produced from various sources of wood via chemical activation. Wood based carbons have a unique pore structure with a high surface area ideal for decolorization applications. We also deal with powder activated carbon. Contact us for more detail.
Lignite activated carbon is produced via steam activation of lignite coal material. This product is used in various applications such as potable water and surface water treatment. Lignite carbon has a lower pore volume compared to other carbons but works effectively in select applications.
Karbonous Inc is the one and the only name that comes to mind when thinking about wood based lignite activated carbon since we are renowned powder activated carbon suppliers in the market. Leading manufacturing plants and industries in California work with us on a large scale. Industrialists find high-quality and bulk activated and reactivated wooden carbon with us that provides cost-effective solutions.
Here are some of its properties that make it suitable for the applications, such as:
- Decolorizing the fruit juices, food stuff, beverages, and pharmaceutical products
- Solvent recovery
- Purification of sweeteners, edible oils, starches, etc
- Vehicle Evaporative Loss Control Devices
- Methylene Blue adsorption;
- Methylene Blue adsorption; it indicates the absorption capacity of medium sized molecules, for instance, in dyes. Methylebe blue absorption is pretty higher for carbons which have mesopores (2-5 nm diameter) in the majority.
- Molasses index;
- Molasses index; the molasses adsorption from solution gives an indication of the large molecule absorption capability. However, the absorption in this case is also strongly dependent on the structure of the mesopore.
In various applications, the purity factor and the chemistry of the surface play important roles in determining carbon quality. On the contrary, wood carbons usually have better purity compared to coal based. It can also be improved by washing, and similarly, the pH can also be changed according to the requirement.
Lignite and Wood Activated Carbon Products at Karbonous
If you want to know how to make activated charcoal from wood, here are the quick steps:
- Burn the wood in a large metal pot
- Leave it for a while until it gets cool to room temperature
- Wash the charcoal you get from the metal pot
- After the charcoal is dry, you will need to grind it into a fine powder
- Add a solution of water and calcium chloride
- Finally, cook this mixture
Activated carbon from lignite is also used for mobile water treatment systems. It can be used for water treatment because the capacity of adsorption of Lignite activated carbon makes it perfect for eliminating or removing a range of contaminants from liquids, air, water, and gases.
We manufacture and supply the granular activated carbon by using steam activation of lignite coal. In particular, this blend is manufactured for a rapid adsorption rate in percolation columns. Precisely, 12×40 Lignite Based Activated Carbon is considered to be the most efficient among the other general purpose granular carbon grades for the applications, such as purification of food and fine chemicals.
12 x 40 Lignite Based Carbon
|Product Unit Description||Product Range Available|
|Mesh Size (US Sieve)||12×40|
|Apparent Density (g/cc)||0.40|
|Iodine (mg/g) Minimum||700|
|Hardness (%) Minimum||90|
|Moisture (%) Maximum||5|
|Ash Content (%) Maximum||10|
|Particle Distribution||+12 (5%) / 12×40 (90%) / -40 (5%)|
Karbonous offers a wide range of wood based activated carbon, even in powder activated carbon, for various applications. We also manufacture and supply special wood based pellets for vehicle Evaporative Loss Control Devices and solvent recovery.